Choose when and where you'd like to substitute teach; we're flexible. All fees are waived for fingerprinting and credential application, at this time.
Obtaining a substitute permit through the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) is simple and required to substitute teach in California. Follow these steps:
- Get fingerprinted at Moreland's district office for the CTC using this form. This is required even if you've previously been printed for Moreland.
- Have your college/university email electronic transcripts showing conferral of BA/BS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email your CBEST or basic skills deferral to email@example.com with a note stating that you are applying for a 30-day sub permit.
- Register at https://newcredentials.sccoe.org/credregistration.aspx
- Create an educator account at http://www.ctc.ca.gov
- The SCCOE will submit your application to the CTC when they have received all documents. Your permit will be issued within 10 days.
If you already have a credential or 30-day sub permit, please apply online at www.Edjoin.org or contact Alisa Johnson in our Human Resources Department for more information at (408) 874-2910.
Substitute Teacher Salary:
The rate of pay for substitute teachers is:
- Daily rate: $180 per day
- Half-day (4 hours or less of the substitute’s time): $90 per day
The rate of pay for classified substitutes varies based on a range of positions. There are a variety of classified substitute positions available, including:
- Para-Professional / Teacher Assistant (Preschool through 8th grade)
- Food Service
To apply, contact the Classified Sub Coordinator at (408) 874-2944.
Complete the Classified Employment Application linked below.
Information for Active Substitutes:
- Substitute Timesheet
- Payroll Schedule
- Substitute Handbook