Moreland School District

Skip to main content
Distinguished School Award
Mobile Menu

Fingerprinting Services

Each applicant must have a completed "Request for Live Scan Service" form and a valid picture ID at the time of fingerprinting.  Expired identification cards will not be accepted.  See below for list of acceptable forms of ID.

Processing Fees

Roll fingerprint image and transmit                     $25.00

There also is a criminal history processing fee collected by the California Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation for the background checks.  While often paid by the agency requesting criminal history reviews, some applicants may have to pay this fee:

Processing fee required by State (DOJ)              $32.00*

Processing fee required by Federal (FBI)            $17.00*

*  other fees may also be required  (i.e., license fees)
Moreland science camp chaperones:                  $52.00

Methods of Payment
  • Purchase Order from Another School District:  You may submit a Purchase Order for all fingerprint charges.  We invoice on a monthly basis.
  • Check:  Please make checks payable to Moreland School District.
  • Cash:  Exact cash only, please.
  • We cannot accept debit or credit cards.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:15 am to 12:15pm
1:00pm to 3:45pm

Closed for lunch 12:30pm to 1:00pm.
Our last appointment is at 3:45pm.
To make an appointment, please contact Josie Arce at (408) 874-2935 or [email protected] or Marisol Robles at (408) 874-2944 or [email protected].
Acceptable Primary Forms of ID, no Supplemental Documents Required
  • Current California driver's license
  • Current California Department of Motor Vehicles Identification Card
  • Current Out-of-State Driver's License
Acceptable Secondary Forms of ID w/Two of the Supplemental Documents
  • State Government Issued Birth Certificate
  • U.S. Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military ID Card (000 10-2)
  • U.S. Passport
  • Federal Government Personal ID Verification Card 
  • Department of Defense Common Access Card
  • U.S. Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs ID Card
  • Social Security Card
  • Court Order for Name Change/Gender Change/Adoption/Divorce
  • Marriage Certificate (Government Certificate Issued)
  • U.S. Government Issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Foreign Passport with Appropriate Immigration Document(s)
  • Certificate of Citizenship (N560)
  • Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
  • INS I-551 Resident Alien Card Issued Since 1997
  • INS I-688 Temporary Resident ID Card
  • INS I-688B, I-766 Employment Authorization Card
and Two Supplemental Documents
  • Utility Bill Showing Current Address
  • Jurisdictional Voter Registration Card
  • Vehicle Registration Card/Title
  • Paycheck Stub with Name/Address
  • Jurisdictional Public Assistance Card
  • Spouse/Parent Affidavit
  • Cancelled Check or Bank Statement
  • Mortgage Documents