Moreland School District

Skip to main content

Mobile Menu

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Frequently Asked Enrollment Questions

Parents enrolling a child in school for the first time have many questions.  Here is a list of some common questions:

At what age may my child attend kindergarten and transitional kindergarten (TK)?

Kindergarten is for children who will be five years old on or before September 1 of that current school year.  Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is for children who will be five years old between September 2 and December 2 of that current school year.

My child will turn 5 after December 2.  Can I request TK placement?

No.  TK is an optional program and there are no exceptions to the qualifying dates at this time.

How do I register my child?

You can register your child at the District's Online Enrollment Portal. New families that complete the registration process online still need to provide verification of residency and the child’s documents that are legally required (verification of age, immunizations, TB Risk Assessment) in person at the Enrollment Center in order to finalize enrollment.

When is registration?

Registration for the upcoming school year begins in March of the previous school year. For example, Registration for the 2019/2020 school year will begin on March 4, 2019.  The Open Enrollment period to request a school other than your home school takes place ONLY in the month of March..

School tours for the upcoming school year will be posted on the Moreland web site and take place in January - March.  

Which school is my school?

Your child’s school is determined by your child’s home address.  You can verify your school of attendance here .

Is there before/after school childcare?

The District offers Extended Day services at most of our sites. Click here for more information.

Do I have to re-enroll my TK child for Kindergarten next year?

Children who complete TK will be pre-enrolled for the following year and assigned to Kindergarten in the school that serves the child’s home address.

Do I have to re-enroll my 5th grade child before they go to middle school?

No, Anderson, Baker, Country Lane, and Payne are feeder schools that attend Moreland Middle School for 6th-8th grade. (If your student is attending one of these feeder schools on an Intra-District Request, please contact the Enrollment Center if you have any questions about your student's placement.)