The Moreland School District is home to four elementary schools, two Kindergarten - 8th grade schools, and one comprehensive middle school. Students residing in the Moreland School District are assigned an elementary and a middle school based on their home address.
Enrollment at the school of residence is on a first come, first served basis. Every attempt will be made to place new students at their school of residence. However, the district cannot guarantee such placement and reserves the right to overflow students to other schools within the District as necessary when a grade-level enrollment capacity is reached. Any student overflowed to a school other than their school of residence will be provided transportation from their school of residence and back. Overflowed students will be given the opportunity to either stay at their overflowed school or return to their school of residence for the following school year.
TK and Kindergarten Registration
Beginning school is an exciting time for a child and family. The Moreland School District is excited to welcome you to our school community and look forward to working with you on making the process as easy as possible.
Transitional Kindergarten Facts (click link for more information)
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is not offered at all school sites. If possible, every effort will be made to assign your child to their school of residence. All TK students must enroll through the Enrollment Center. Designated home schools are accessible through the School Locator. Intra-District requests are not accepted for TK students. TK is not mandatory.
Registration for the following school year begins on March 1; if the first day of March falls on a weekend, the first registration will be the following Monday.
- Schools schedule Kindergarten tours in January - March, contact the school's for information or click on the link on this page: Kindergarten/Middle Schools Tours.
Requirements for Kindergarten:
- The child must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of the current year.
- Guardians/parents and child reside in the Moreland School District attendance area or have completed an Inter-District Transfer Request from an outside school district.
- Verification of Residency must be provided at the time of registration including a Mortgage Statement (within 60 days) or rental contract and a PG&E or water or cable/Direct TV bill (within 60 days), or updated vehicle registration.
- An original birth certificate or passport. If providing a foreign birth certificate a passport is also required.
- Record of up-to-date immunizations. If immunizations are not up to date, the registration will not be considered complete. Schools in California enforce a “no shot, no school” policy. The child will not be allowed to attend school if the immunization verification has not been received before the first day of school.
- All Kindergarten students must present TB Risk Assessment form completed by a healthcare provider in the United States within the last 12 months to register. *All Tk/K students must have a TB Risk Assessment completed to register for school. Physician's Report-Child Care Centers form will not be accepted.
- Student are required to have a dental check-up by May 31st of their Kindergarten year.
- Each child must receive a physical examination 18 months prior to entrance into the first grade or within 90 days after first grade entrance. This form is not required to register for kindergarten.
Intra -District forms will be accepted Monday March 2, 2020 through Tuesday March 31, 2020. Placements will be honored on availability of grade and school requested.
All enrollment is handled at the Moreland School District Enrollment Center, located at the following address: