San Jose, April 5, 2019: Moreland School District announced that Moreland’s three middle schools all had teams advance and compete at the championship level this week for girls volleyball and/or boys soccer. For girls volleyball:
- Easterbrook Discovery School’s girls volleyball Junior Varsity A team, coached by Mei Li Cline: 1st place, League Champions
- Easterbrook Discovery School’s girls volleyball Junior Varsity B team, also coached by Mei Li Cline: 2nd place
- Latimer’s girls volleyball Varsity B team, coached by CJ McLelan: 2nd place
- Moreland Middle School’s girls volleyball Varsity B team, coached by Mel Saxe: 1st place, League Champions
- Moreland Middle School’s girls volleyball Varsity A team, also coached by Mel Saxe:2nd place
For boys soccer:
- Moreland Middle School’s Varsity boys soccer team, coached by Sean O’Quinn: won the League Championships for the third year
- Easterbrook Discovery School’s Varsity boys soccer team, coached by Tim Ogawa: 2nd place
Moreland School District belongs to West Valley Athletic League, which previously included 13 schools from local districts. This year, the League divided into an East and West division. The East division is comprised of 6 middle schools in the region, including Easterbrook Discovery and Latimer Middle Schools. The West division is comprised of 7 middle schools in the regions, including Moreland Middle School.
Moreland wishes to congratulate all the players, coaches, and teams who have participated this year. Athletics are an integral part of Moreland’s whole body, well-rounded education. For more information on Sports in Moreland (SiM), the Moreland Education Foundation (MEF) committee that helps support the after-school sports program in the Moreland School District, visit www.mefhome.org/sports-in-moreland/.