February 12, 2018, San Jose, CA: Members of Moreland School District’s School Site and District Office Staff were recognized by the California Department of Education and the Fiscal Crisis & Management Assistance Team for the submission and maintenance of high-quality data for the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS).
Three times a year, staff must enter and maintain student and staff data that in turn is used for many significant purposes, including Local Control Funding Formula, the test registration system for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP), and the Accountability Progress Reporting System. It is integral for Moreland to work with CALPADS throughout the year to maintain up-to-date, current and accurate data by the established submission deadlines.
“It is extremely important for school districts to maintain accurate and clean student data. Our Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF), multi-year budget, and so many more significant factors are based on the accuracy of data entered into our Student Information Systems and CalPADS,” said Superintendent Mary Kay Going.
The Moreland School District has been recognized for the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) Data Management Recognition. The California Department of Education and the Fiscal Crisis & Management Assistance Team/California School Information Services (FCMAT/CSIS) have established the CALPADS Data Management Recognition Program to formally commend school districts that have met all CALPADS deadlines in a given year with little or no errors.
Moreland was the 24th District to certify among the 1,900 Districts in the State of California. In order to certify, Districts must have 0 fatal errors and anomalies at less than 2% with 0 warning errors by December 2017.
Moreland will recognize the following individuals at the February 13, 2018 Board of Trustees’ Meeting for their role in helping Moreland achieve this recognition:
- Anderson Office Staff: Alicia Thornton, Katherine Goldberger & Eva Chesnut
- Baker Office Staff: Glenda Rasmussen & Robin Bentley-Masucci
- Country Lane Office Staff: Sharon Myers & Linda Lighthouse
- Easterbrook Discovery School: Kathy Scoles, Beckie Marini & Mary Katona
- Latimer School: Chanelle Brearley, Shelly Aamold & Maria Garcia-Jimenez
- Payne: Debbie Freudenblum, Denise Booher & Leticia Tapia
- Moreland Middle School: Judy Bush, Ann West, Mary Modiri & Veronica Trejo
- Alisa Johnson, Personnel Specialist, Certificated/Management
- Debbi Lyon, Executive Assistant, Business and Support Services
- Michelle Story, Office Assistant, Educational Services
- Maria Conn-Segura, Office Assistant, Student Services
- Amy McLain, Administrative Assistant, Student Services
- Maggie Day, Enrollment & Attendance Specialist
- Linh Vu, Network Information Systems Analyst
- Hui Zhang, Data Systems Analyst
- Denis Guerrero, Director of Technology