Certificated Substitutes:Do you have a Bachelor’s degree and teaching or other experiences working with students? Consider becoming a substitute teacher for our District. The minimum requirements for substitute teaching assignments are (1) a Bachelor's Degree; (2) passage of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) and (3) obtaining fingerprint clearance for school employment from the Department of Justice (DOJ).If you meet these requirements, you may apply for an Emergency 30-Day Substitute Permit. The substitute permit is valid for a period of one year and allows you to substitute teach on a day-to-day basis for up to 30 days in the same classroom.If you already have a credential or 30-day sub permit, please apply online at www.Edjoin.org or contact our Human Resources Department for more information at (408) 874-2910.
Substitute Teacher Salary:
The rate of pay for substitute teachers for the 2016-2017 school year is:
- Substituting at K-8: $140 per day
- Long Term Rate* (K-8): $160 per day
- Half-day (4 hours or less of the substitute’s time): $70 per day
- *A Long Term assignment is one in which the substitute spends at least twenty (20) consecutive days in the same classroom.
The rate of pay for classified substitutes varies based on a range of positions. There are a variety of classified substitute positions available, including:
- Para-Professional / Teacher Assistant (Preschool through 8th grade)
- Food Service
To apply, contact the Classified Sub Coordinator at (408) 874-2944.
Information for Active Substitutes:
- Substitute Timesheet
- Payroll Schedule
- Substitute Handbook